DISCLAIMER

All rights of photos and text reserved. Usage of photos or text from my blog on other websites or for any other purpose only with prior permission. If you want to use any material from my blog please contact me by email.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The Ultimate Line Preamplifier, Part 5

Hi!

The fully differential ultimate line stage with all silver transformers is more popular than I ever expected, despite the high cost due to the many silver transformers. Here is another one just finished:




Two more are in the planning and one of those will finally remain in my own system. 




This one uses the same color combination as the differential D3a phono with which it will be used.



The sound impressions are still the same as from the last one. So I won't repeat that. You can read about the sound in part 4.




Before the owner of this line stage picked it up I had the chance to use it together with the recently finished ultimate, all silver EC8020 phono.




I'll write about that in the  next post about this phono stage. Stay tuned!

Best regards

Thomas


4 comments:

  1. super nice....! Glad the design is a success.

    BTW -- where are the power supply capacitors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      The PSU caps are inside the PSU chassis. On top are two filament transformers, the B+ transformer and one of the B+ chokes.
      In the signal chassis there is no capacitor at all

      Thomas

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm running out of 1602s so I have to select from the best 10Ys I have in stock...

      Delete