DISCLAIMER

All rights of photos and text reserved. Usage of photos or text from my blog on other websites or for any other purpose only with prior permission. If you want to use any material from my blog please contact me by email.

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

All DHT Amplification

 Hi!

Like many music lovers, I arrived at vacuum tube amplification at some point in my life. From there the next step was to discover the magic of directly heated triodes (DHTs) and among those especially triodes with thoriated tungsten filaments.



Once I settled for DHTs as the output tube of choice, the next logical step was to extend the use of them to the driver position in the power amp and ultimately to the preamp.



That led to the development of my 10Y line stage range which spans all the way back to the late 1990ies when I built the very first prototype. Back then this was solely for my own use and as a hobby.



Now about 25 years later the 10Y preamp is a corner stone of my product offering and together with the 801A drive 300B power amps. My entry level to all DHT amplification from line level to speakers.



Not only is this combo only using directly heated triodes in the 3 amplification stages from line source to speaker. But since the introduction of the ELROG ER300B, purely with thoriated tungsten filaments throughout the signal path.



Furthermore with the use of input, interstage and volume control transformers no coupling capacitors in the signal path and no resistors. For an uninhibited musical flow.



And in this case equipped with TM tubes throughout.




Various options are possible to individualise these units



This preamp has two balanced inputs which are configured for different gains to adapt for different output volume of sources. In addition it has 3 single ended RCA inputs. Both XLR and RCA outputs are standard on each 10Y preamp.



If you are interested to experience the All DHT magic yourself, drop me an email to discuss your very own set up.



Best regards

Thomas




1 comment:

  1. Thomas Thomas, they sound wonderful. I am thoroughly enjoyin them.. regards, Fernando

    ReplyDelete