DISCLAIMER

All rights of photos and text reserved. Usage of photos or text from my blog on other websites or for any other purpose only with prior permission. If you want to use any material from my blog please contact me by email.

Friday, June 9, 2023

10Y Line Preamplifier in the New Chassis - Part 1

Hi!

After introduction of the Compactron Preamplifier Series, I decided to also offer the 10Y line stage and D3a phono stage in  this new design as an alternative to the portrait chassis style.



Today the chassis parts for a 10Y line preamplifier arrived. I did already build a D3a in the new design but not with the final quality of the metal plates. I have evaluated 5 different suppliers until I was happy with the quality.



Front plates for the preamplifier and the power supply.



The back plates:




While front and backplates are finished with a brushed aluminum surface, The top plates are done with a sandblasted surface:




The signal tubes have to be on top of the chassis since they're eis not enough room inside. The power supply tubes are all inside and accessible through a hatch on the top.



My name is embossed into the top plates.



Since the edges of front and backplates are fully visible they too had to be finished in a perfect surface:



The bottom plates can take different types of feet and has ventilation holes underneath the tubes.



Stay tuned for updates as the assembly of this new line stage progresses.

Best regards

Thomas









No comments:

Post a Comment