DISCLAIMER

All rights of photos and text reserved. Usage of photos or text from my blog on other websites or for any other purpose only with prior permission. If you want to use any material from my blog please contact me by email.

Thursday, November 30, 2023

New Chassis Material Arrived

Hi!

Just received some top plates for some of the upcoming Compactron gear.



Top plates in silver for a DAC and a preamplifier.



I am really fond of the precision machining of my new suppler MWM.





A few pictures of my recent visit there.



One of my faceplates in the making.



Raw faceplates ready for the next step in finishing.



All face plates get brushed for a nice textured surface.



This involves manual work and a lot of experience. I had samples made by 5 different suppliers until I settled with MWM for their expertise in metal surface treatment.




The top plates will get glass pearl blasted for a contrast with the face plate



Side panels in aluminum as an alternative to wood panels:






Glass pearl blasted and brushed:



Different colors are possible too of course, here a top plate for a power amp in black:



Many more colors will be coming soon!



I'd like to thank the nice people at MWM for the dedication and commitment to quality. 

Best regards

Thomas




No comments:

Post a Comment