DISCLAIMER

All rights of photos and text reserved. Usage of photos or text from my blog on other websites or for any other purpose only with prior permission. If you want to use any material from my blog please contact me by email.

Monday, October 4, 2021

Stereo Single Ended 45 amplifier

 Hi!

below some photos of a recently finished 45 amp.



It is a stereo amplifier with the power supply integrated.



This represents my entry level in amplification with the 45 tube.



Tube rectification with two 6AX4 TV damper tubes. A pair of 6N7 as driver tubes is interstage transformer coupled to the output tubes.




All transformers and chokes, except the main power transformer reside inside the chassis.





The two trim pots between the output tubes are hum buckers to minimise residual hum from the AC heated 45s.




This enables a hum free operation except on extremely sensitive speakers for which I would recommend the DC heated version of the 45 amps. On my 98dB speakers no hum whatsoever was audible.




Best regards

Thomas




No comments:

Post a Comment