DISCLAIMER

All rights of photos and text reserved. Usage of photos or text from my blog on other websites or for any other purpose only with prior permission. If you want to use any material from my blog please contact me by email.

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year!

 Hi!

December 31st. Time for the usual end of the year post.




It is hard to believe that this was the 10th year of the VinylSavor blog which I started beginning of 2011.




Many years of tube amplifier building.



This year was a roller coaster. I will not write about the special circumstances this year brought us since that is already extensively written about .



So I'd rather talk about some positive things. Like the stash of EC8020 tubes I recently secured.




With these added to my stock I am able to build and offer one more EC8020 differential phono preamplifier.




Also hard to believe that Deutsche Elektronenröhren Manufaktur GmbH is already in it's fifth year of producing ELROG tubes.



Last summer we celebrated our 4th anniversary.



For that anniversary we introduced a new tube type a molybdenum plate version of the ER300B, called ER300B-Mo.



Later this year the 300B line up was joined by a third type, my personal 300B tube which we named TM300B.



This marked my highlight of 2020.



This will not be the last ELROG tube type. We are working an a new tube which will be released in 2021 and wich will become the 14th tube in our portfolio.



A new amplifier which uses the TM300B is in development and will be finalised next year.



Stay tuned for another year filled with music and thoriated tungsten glow

Happy New Year
Frohes neues Jahr
Bonne année
新年快乐

Thomas


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too Thomas!

    Will the new TM300B be a 'plug-and-play' replacement for a normal 300B tube in any of your other amps, or will it require a special circuit?

    ReplyDelete